7th Gen Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking I will be trading in my paid off 2014 GT Convertible (not premium package) for the upcoming new S650 2023.
I put a Cold-air Intake and a Bama Tuner on my 2014, so it's no longer Stock.

My question is, will dealers typically reduce the trade-in value because of these performance add on's, or do these type of add on's not impact the trade in value?

·
Administrator
48 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining 7th Gen Mustang
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting, please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

I’d say it is a detriment. People want an unmolested car generally speaking. I’d return it to stock.

·
Registered
144 Posts
So I'm thinking I will be trading in my paid off 2014 GT Convertible (not premium package) for the upcoming new S650 2023.
I put a Cold-air Intake and a Bama Tuner on my 2014, so it's no longer Stock.

My question is, will dealers typically reduce the trade-in value because of these performance add on's, or do these type of add on's not impact the trade in value?
Welcome to the forum @Capt_Speed. From what I've seen dealers will see that as a knock on the car. If you're going to trade it in with a dealer I'd suggest switching your Mustang back to stock and selling the Intake separately.

How long have you had your GT for?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum @Capt_Speed. From what I've seen dealers will see that as a knock on the car. If you're going to trade it in with a dealer I'd suggest switching your Mustang back to stock and selling the Intake separately.

How long have you had your GT for?
I am the original owner, i special ordered it in late 2013. I plan on trading it in when the new S650 is released.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts