7th Gen 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor Authority went through the 2020 sales numbers for Ford and Chevy and found that the Mustang outsold the Camaro 2 to 1.

Last year Ford sold 61,090 Mustangs in the United States in 2020, down 15.7% from the 72,489 sold in 2019. While Chevy sold 29,775 Camaros for the year, down 13% from the 48,265 sold in 2019.

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't say I am surprised. Having owned 7 Camaros (Z28) and being a lifelong Chevy guy even I can see GM is abandoning the US. The Camaro is fine I guess, but the Mustang is near perfection when looking at the heritage of the car and the styling queues retained which will always be Mustang. I am a bit perplexed by the decision to discontinue the V6 models at they seemed to fit perfectly with the average driver.
Welcome @RandyH! I was surprised that they scrapped the V6 but I'm sure that had to do with sales. Although I hear the 4 cylinder has plenty of power. It's certainly the case with the Mustang EcoBoost. Are you planning on getting the 7th gen Mustang when it comes out?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.