7th Gen Mustang Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Although hybrids can't compete, they do fit in well when its too early to launch an EV.
A good example is the 7th generation Mustang. I doubt Ford will jump right into an all-electric version but will instead take steps towards that
They have already have an all electric 700hp tang is going to happen with a 300 mile plus range. I'm waiting for minimum of a 450 mile range.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
They have already have an all electric 700hp tang is going to happen with a 300 mile plus range. I'm waiting for minimum of a 450 mile range.
Odd are, Ford is trying to figure out how to ensure the electric Mustang coupe performs better all around than the Mach-E. And that can be a major challenge. I'm 100% on it happening but likely not for another few years. So a good inbetween might be the hybrid.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Odd are, Ford is trying to figure out how to ensure the electric Mustang coupe performs better all around than the Mach-E. And that can be a major challenge. I'm 100% on it happening but likely not for another few years. So a good inbetween might be the hybrid.
That might be the best move for Ford to ease the diehards into the idea of an electrified Mustang coupe.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Former Ford Exec Brian Wolfe slapped a Whipple-Supercharger on the 7.3L V8. It recorded 1,450 horsepower with its stock block and crankshaft.

This apex predator was assembled by Willis Performance Enterprises, which escalated the V8's compression ratio to 12.5:1 using forged pistons and connecting rods. Its heads are of the factory casting, but have been enhanced to WPE's "stage three" spec with proprietary rockers, and upgraded rollers, rockers, lifters, and what must be a whopper of a camshaft. Stock ignition coils get discharged by an OBR ECU

41 - 45 of 45 Posts