7th Gen 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum banner

DH-P Order process

762 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  darindenio
So I just ordered my new Dark Horse Premium. I understand they will email me when the build begins and once the build is finished. At what point does the dealer ask for a down payment and how much is it?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
My understanding is that once your dealer receives the car, the buying process will begin. Your deposit serves as earnest money so if you don't buy the car, you lose your deposit. As far as down payment goes I think that is totally dependent on how you plan on financing but the down payment should come once the dealer takes possession. Possession may not mean they physically have the car but it should be close to when the actually receive it.
Reactions: 1
Welcome to the forum guys! @darindenio you're likely going to have to place a down payment when the car is built or when it arrives at the dealer.

The down payment is not a fixed amount, like @BSpankinAz said it's how much you want to put down what your financing agreement is with your dealer.
I believe Ford starts pulling orders this week. But I wonder if they notify you when your order is pulled or just when it is scheduled for build date?
@darindenio have you looked into the finance or lease rates yet?
I believe Ford starts pulling orders this week. But I wonder if they notify you when your order is pulled or just when it is scheduled for build date?
Did you hear that from your dealer?
That's what Long McArthur dealership said
I think its not likely for me to drive off in a DarkHorse until winter because Ford is dragging their feet. That changes my financial plans for sure.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts