7th Gen Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading recently about rumors that the 7th gen Mustang will have all-wheel drive.

In all honesty I'm surprised they haven't done it sooner. From a performance perspective it can take the Mustang to a new level. Dodge has done it with the Challenger GT that has a V6 but if they could do it with a V8 that'd be nuts.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It can be an available option but AWD shouldn't be a standard. It would be interesting to see an AWD Mustang with the EcoBoost 4 cylinder or V8.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mustang brand manager, Jim Owens spoke with Ford Authority and was a bit coy about whether or not the Mustang will have AWD or not. He didn't definitively say no to the idea.

“Well as you know, the Challenger has AWD. We’re always looking at different kinds of performance, but we have nothing to announce at the moment,” Mustang brand manager, Jim Owens, told Ford Authority executive editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mustang brand manager, Jim Owens spoke with Ford Authority and was a bit coy about whether or not the Mustang will have AWD or not. He didn't definitively say no to the idea.

“Well as you know, the Challenger has AWD. We’re always looking at different kinds of performance, but we have nothing to announce at the moment,” Mustang brand manager, Jim Owens, told Ford Authority executive editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview.

I'm not surprised there. This far out I wouldn't expect him or anyone else to confirm or deny anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts