7th Gen Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive me if this is commonly known information, but I can find only contradictory information on the MT82 6-speed Getrag transmission… for instance is it currently being installed or did that end in 2019? have the problems with it been designed-out? …more importantly, is there anything being talked-about as to who the manufacturer will be of the 7th generation 6-speed manual? Thank you for your responses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response, Cobra, I am likely a future owner, I have always wanted a GT, since 1983, never pulled the trigger!
I am afraid that you may be correct about the carryover, it may be enough to bump me up to a Mach 1…the problem with that is the presence of a rear spoiler, the limited wheel selection (lack of ‘bright’ wheels), the lack of leather seating and presence of hood and side vinyl appliques. Q: are they removable with heat as I do with the ‘4X4’ emblems on my F350s? or will that not be successful on such a large expanse as the hood?

·
Administrator
54 Posts
have the problems with it been designed-out?
There have indeed been revisions to address problems in earlier models. I know of no glaring issues with the latest revisions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's different exactly with the new ones and when did the changes occur? I'm wanting to replace my worn-out (almost dead) mt82 and if a stock replacement mt82 from a newer stang will serve me better and will fit then I'm looking to do so asap. I've been looking at ordering a 2019 or 2020 replacement from these guys https://reman-transmission.com/transmission-codes/?code=MT82

·
Registered
37 Posts
What's different exactly with the new ones and when did the changes occur? I'm wanting to replace my worn-out (almost dead) mt82 and if a stock replacement mt82 from a newer stang will serve me better and will fit then I'm looking to do so asap. I've been looking at ordering a 2019 or 2020 replacement from these guys https://reman-transmission.com/transmission-codes/?code=MT82
Welcome to the forum.
What Mustang model year and trim are you driving around currently?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts