7th Gen 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum banner

2024 GT w/ Performance & Nite Pony Package

475 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  1320pony
Afternoon All. I'm new to the forum and wanted to see if others have realized or verified the wheel options when ordering a GT w/ the Performance & Nite Pony Package combo? In majority of the adds and videos out there you see the car with the black roof, mirrors, spoiler and black wheels as well (see attached). I'm in the process of ordering my car and when I select performance package, the upgraded machined tarnished dark aluminum wheels, along with the nite pony package the order bank indicates you have to remove the machined tarnished dark aluminum wheels and go with the "Black painted aluminum wheels" for the Nite Pony & GT Performance package combo (see attached). After speaking with my local dealer and the Ford online build and price representative, they indicated you could not build the car as reflected in the ads and videos. I know from ordering my 2015 GT we had some limitations, but would appreciate hearing if anyone has been able to accomplish this without having to buy a new set of wheels on day 1 of picking up the car. :confused::rolleyes: Thanks in advance for your input.

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Hey @TommyV12. Since dealers don't all operate the same, have you checked with any others if they can make it happen? Some might be more accommodating.
Hi at 1320pony and thx for your reply. I tried one of your dealership, and they said the same thing. I guess my worst case scenario is end up buying a new set of wheels☹. I will be talking further with my local dealership and hope they’ll be able to help out if it comes to that (price & install). Thx again.
Reactions: 1
Welcome Tommy and thank you for joining 7th Mustang
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.
Hi at 1320pony and thx for your reply. I tried one of your dealership, and they said the same thing. I guess my worst case scenario is end up buying a new set of wheels☹. I will be talking further with my local dealership and hope they’ll be able to help out if it comes to that (price & install). Thx again.
Welcome to the forum @TommyV12! Since the configurator is making you take things off your order, the best way will be to do it through your dealer since they can clearly put the order through to Ford directly. Excellent choice of spec, I hope it all goes well for you.
I am in the same boat. I hope the pictured silver (but painted black) rims come with the nite pony/perf. pkg. They might be a little easier to clean.

Afternoon All. I'm new to the forum and wanted to see if others have realized or verified the wheel options when ordering a GT w/ the Performance & Nite Pony Package combo? In majority of the adds and videos out there you see the car with the black roof, mirrors, spoiler and black wheels as well (see attached). I'm in the process of ordering my car and when I select performance package, the upgraded machined tarnished dark aluminum wheels, along with the nite pony package the order bank indicates you have to remove the machined tarnished dark aluminum wheels and go with the "Black painted aluminum wheels" for the Nite Pony & GT Performance package combo (see attached). After speaking with my local dealer and the Ford online build and price representative, they indicated you could not build the car as reflected in the ads and videos. I know from ordering my 2015 GT we had some limitations, but would appreciate hearing if anyone has been able to accomplish this without having to buy a new set of wheels on day 1 of picking up the car. :confused::rolleyes: Thanks in advance for your input.
I am in the same boat. I hope the pictured silver (but painted black) rims come with the nite pony/perf. pkg. They might be a little easier to clean.
Hey @jimgt2k24 and welcome to 7th Mustang! Have you spoken to your dealer about ordering that specific spec?

Welcome to 7thMustang @TommyV12! I hope your dealer is able to order that spec for you! It doesn't seem like something complicated to do.
I have a GT with perf pkg and nite pony on order. Just hoping the rims are what is indicated on the USA build site.

Hey @jimgt2k24 and welcome to 7th Mustang! Have you spoken to your dealer about ordering that specific spec?
I'm sure you'll have no problem trading or selling your original set with somebody in the S650 community.

Keep us posted if you have any luck with getting a dealer to do it!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts